At one point in your life you will feel exhausted, bored and tired of your routinary life. When that day comes, just step out of your comfort box, move away from your usual self and see your life from different perspectives. Travel! Head out to the endless horizon and discover the world, go places and meet new faces, explore to understand new cultures, get lost to find yourself. In the end you will realize that traveling is not only about learning new cultures or meeting new friends or discovering new places, it also lets us discover our own culture, our limits, ourselves. It is a personal journey to self-discovery, because after all, it is only from the outside that we can look back in.
Angel Juarez is a backpacker, adventure seeker, son of a beach, hobbyist photographer, scuba diver, aspiring marine conservation biologist, environment advocate, runner, mountain biker, budget traveler, seasonal mountaineer and newbie surfer. An Information Technology Analyst on workdays who speaks languages that only computers understand, but on weekends and holidays he is most probably underwater, on the saddle or out-of-town. He started chasing sunsets, waterfalls, lighthouses and extreme adventures as soon as he finished college and started blogging in May of 2006 under the web name Bleue. He decided to focus on Travel in March of 2008. He dreamed of documenting and sharing his adventures to the world, thus he created www.lakwatsero.com.
Angel and his works and photos have already been featured and published in various websites and publications including Yahoo, Skyscanner, Choose Philippines, Philippine Airlines’ Mabuhay Magazine, Cebu Pacific’s Smile Magazine, Lonely Planet Magazine and Travel+Leisure Magazine. He also writes in www.visitsagada.com and www.padyak.ph.
- International Winner – Skyscanner International Travel Blog Oscars 2013 User’s Choice
- Philippine Winner – Skyscanner Philippines Travel Blog Oscars 2013 User’s Choice
- Finalist – Hostel World Travel Story Awards 2013 (Photo Essay Category)
- Shortlisted – Hostel World Travel Story Awards 2013 (Story Teller of the Year)
- Winner – Cebu Pacific Wandering Juan Travel Blog Awards (Sports and Adventure Category)
- Nominee – Philippine Blog Awards (Best Travel Blog)
- Finalist – Philippine Blog Awards (Best Travel Blog)
Lakwatsero.com is guided by the following missions:
- To help tourists by providing information about different destinations
- To guide budget travelers by providing cost-effective travel advise
- To promote the Philippines by showcasing its different scenic spots
- To document the Philippines and the world by capturing its beauty in stills and in narratives
Expect this site to feature not only photos and destinations that lakwatsero have been to but also foods, adventures, events and everything about life that is worth blogging.
For your comment, inquiries, suggestion or other concerns, you may email me at angelcjuarez[at]gmail[dot]com or just leave a message at the comment page.