Two hours away from the famous Boracay is the quiet town of Tibiao in the province of Antique. It is a laid back town starting to create its own name in the tourism industry with its myriad of natural attractions and activities that will surely delight adventurous souls.
See the a seven-tiered waterfalls called Bugtong Bato, feel the rapids of the Tibiao River, soak in the hot kawa tub, commune with the rain forest of Barangay Tigbaboy, bask in the white sand beach of Seco Island and dive into its rich marine life. With its unspoiled beauty and panoramic scenery, Tibiao will not disappoint.
Tibiao is more than just a Boracay sidetrip, discover the place and experience the uniqueness of the town that is distinctly Tibiao.
How to Get to Tibiao
Tibiao, Antique can be reached by plane via Caticlan and Kalibo, Aklan or via Iloilo.
Caticlan: Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific and Air Asia have flights to Kalibo from Manila while Air Philippines, Cebu Pacific, Asian Spirit, InterIsland Air and SEA Air has direct flights to Caticlan. From Caticlan, ride a jeepney to Nabas Crossing, a 30-minute ride for P20 then catch another jeepney for a two-and-a-half hour ride for P50 to Tibiao.
Iloilo: Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific and Air Philippines fly to Iloilo from Manila daily, travel time is an hour more or less. From Iloilo, there are buses in to Libertad via Tibiao, it is a two-hour ride for P30.
By Land and Sea
You can reach Tibiao via bus and ferries from Batangas Port all the way to Roxas Port of Mindoro and to Caticlan Port of Aklan.
- Ride a bus to Batanggas Port, then a RORO ferry (Montenegro Shipping Lines, Inc., Contact No: +63 043 723 7975 / +63 043 723 7598) to Calapan, from there take another bus/jeep to the port of Roxas, Mindoro Orriental where you can catch another RORO ferry to Caticlan, then follow the Nabas Crossing-Tibiao, Antique route.
- Ceres Bus leaves daily from Cubao to Iloilo via Antique, travel time is approximately 20 hours.
- 2Go Travel has ferry bound for Caticlan from Batangas Port for 12 hours travel of travel time time, from Caticlan take a bus to San Jose via Caticlan.
- From Zamboanga to Iloilo is a 16 hours ferry ride; from Cagayan de Oro, 14 hours; from Cebu, 12 hours; from Puerto Princesa City, Palawan, 38 hours. From Iloilo take a bus to Caticlan via San Jose.
Where to Stay in Tibiao
If you plan to spend the night in Antique, you may opt to check-in at Kayak Inn, Tibiao or at Kam’mea Beach Resort in San Jose. But since Boracay and Iloilo are just 2 to 3 hours away, you may also scout for the wide list of hotels and lodges in these places.
What to Do in Tibiao
- White water rafting/river kayaking in Tibiao River (P3000)
- Soak in hot kawa tubs
- Experience Tibiao Fish Spa
- Trek to Bugtong Bato Falls
- Spend a day in Seco Island
- Swim in Tiguis Beach and other nearby beaches
- Snorkel in Coral Resort
- Explore Boracay and Iloilo