‘Tis the season to be a movie addict! ‘Tis the season for Cinemalaya!
Fifteen new full length and ten short digital films will be screened from August 1 to 10, 2014 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Trinoma, Greenbelt, Alabang Town Center and Fairview Terraces for the yearly staging of the biggest and most anticipated independent film festival in the country – the Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival!
Now on its tenth year, Cinemalaya presents “A Decade of Connecting Dimensions” with line up that is equally interesting and promising as the previous editions. And in the tradition of Cinemalaya, the themes and subject matter of this year’s finalists are diverse with plots covering a range of genres, from coming of age stories to romance, epic, comedy and even action.
Who made it this years? Well, here they are!
New Breed Category
- #Y by Gino Santos
- 1st ko si 3rd by Real S. Florido
- Bwaya by Francis X.E. Pasion
- Dagitab (Sparks) by Giancarlo Lauro C. Abrahan V
- Dayang Asu by Bor Ocampo
- K’na, The Dreamweaver by Ida Anita Del Mundo
- Mariquina by Milo Sogueco
- Ronda by Nick Olanka
- Separados by GB Sampedro
- Sundalong Kanin by Denise O’Hara/Janice O’Hara
- Asintado by Louie Ignacio
- Hari ng Tondo by Carlos Siguion-Reyna/Bibeth Orteza
- Hustisya by Joel Lamangan
- The Janitor by Michael Tuviera
- Kasal by Joselito Altarejos
- Asan si Lolo Me by Sari Estrada
- Lola by Kevin Ang
- Indayog ng Nayatamak by Joris Fernandez
- Eyeball by Thop Nazareno
- Padulong sa Pinuy-Anan (Going Home) by Fedwelyn Villarba Sabolboro
- The Ordinary Things We Do by David R. Corpuz
- Nakabibinging Kadiliman by Paolo O’Hara
- Mga Ligaw na Paru-paro by J.E. Tiglao
- Ina-tay by Chloe Anne A. Veloso
- Tiya Bening by Ralph Aldrin L. Quijano
Keep posted for synopses, screening schedule, ticket prices and more information on this year’s edition of Cinemalaya 2014! See you there!
I hope they make info on season passes will be available soon 🙂
excited for #Y
Want to see the “The Janitor” as early as possible by Michael Tuviera and to buy season tickets as well.
Comments are closed.