Panagbenga 2013: A Blooming Odyssey in Baguio
Baguio City, the summer capital of the Philippines will bloom again this February as it stage the 18th year of Panagbenga Flower Festival. “Panagbenga” is a Kankanaey term which means “season of blooming”.
With the theme “A Blooming Odyssey,” the month-long festival reflects the history, traditions and values of the City of Baguio and the entire Cordilleras.
Panagbenga 2013 Schedule
- February 1,2013 : Grand Opening Parade, Drum and Lyre Dance Competition (Elementary Division) – Panagbenga Park to Athletic Bowl.
- February 1 – March 3, 201: Market Encounter and Landscaping Competition at Burnham Park
- February 10, 2013: Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom at Melvin Jones (Starts at 8:00 AM) + Regatta at Burnham PArk
- February 23,2013: Grand Street Dancing Parade – Panagbenga Park to Burnham Park (Starts at 8:00 AM)
- February 24,2013: Grand Float Parade – Panagbenga Park to Burnham Park (Starts at 8:00 AM)
- February 25,2013: Session Road in Bloom at Session Road
- March 2,2013: Pony Boy’s Day at Session Road
- March 3, 2013: Closing Ceremonies at Athletic Bowl
For more information, visit the official site of Panagbenga Flower Festival: www.panagbengaflowerfestival.com