As the Philippine COVID-19 infection rate slows down and the entire country’s alert level is lowered, more tourists destinations are starting to open up including the highland town of Sagada which has been strictly off-limits to tourists since March of 2020. Sagada is a small and tranquil town of Mountain Province where nature, culture and adventure beautifully intertwine to form a place like no other. The town finally reopens on November 29, 2021 with daily limit of 200 tourists. According to Sagada Tourism Office, tourists may now visit the town provided that they comply with the following Sagada travel requirements.
Community Alert Level
Based on latest IATF Resolution dated December 14, the entire Philippines is under Alert Level 2 from December 16, 2021 to January 2, 2022.
Sagada Travel Requirements
- Accomplished registration in the UMALI KAYO online registration system – https://umali-kayo.sagada.gov.ph at least 2 days prior to arrival
- COVID-19 negative test result; at least one of the following:
- A Negative RT-PCR swab test result from a DOH-certified testing laboratory valid 48 hours since date of release
- Negative RT-PCR saliva test result from the Red Cross valid 48 hours since date of release
- A Negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) result AND Official Receipt (OR) of the transaction. RATs have 1-day validity and must be taken at a medical government office (PHO/MHO) or a hospital institution.
- RAT testing may be conducted at the Pegeo border control point at P960 per test
- Vaccination card/certificate indicating full vaccination, aged 11 years old and below are exempted from this requirement
- Minimum of 1 night booking in a DOT-accredited and LGU-certified accommodation establishment. Bookings must be made at least 2 days prior to arrival in Sagada. A list of authorized establishments may be found at https://lodging.sagada.gov.ph
- The registration portal will only be open from 8AM to 4PM daily
- Must be onboard a personal/private vehicle when visiting Sagada
- Must be 18-65 years old
Accredited Accommodations in Sagada
Make sure to book your accommodation from accredited establishments only. The complete list of accredited accommodations in Sagada is listed in lodging.sagada.gov.ph
Top-Rated Accredited Accommodations in Sagada
Check out Sagada Travel Guide for more information.