The island paradise of Boracay has always been receptive to tourists and now that the Philippine COVID-19 infection rate is slowing down and the entire country’s alert level is lowered, more and more tourists are visiting and revisiting the island. Hailed as among the best islands in the world, the island welcomes tourists with its long stretch of fine sand white beaches, perfectly turquoise water, abundant marine life and vibrant night life. Check out this post before going to know Boracay travel requirements.
Community Alert Level
Based on latest IATF Resolution, Boracay is under Alert Level 3 from January 3 to 15, 2022.
Boracay Travel Requirements
Based on Executive Order 001 Series of 2022 of the Province of Aklan, AkQuiRe OHDC QR Code Issuance for Tourists Going to Boracay Island effective January 9, 2022 requires the following:
- Negative RT-PCR (NPS/OPS or Saliva) Test Result from any DOH-accredited laboratories taken within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Proof of Identification with Philippine residency/ Passport for Foreigners/OFWs/OFs
- Proof of Vaccination Status
- Vaccination Card (for Fully Vaccinated Individuals)
- A copy of confirmed booking slip/ form from a DOT-Accredited Boracay Island accommodation establishment
- Roundtrip flight/ travel details
All tourists and travelers shall register to the OHDC that can be accessed at https://www.touristboracay.com/ and send following requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for tourists.
You may avail of the FREE swab test in PCMC subsidized by Tourism Promotion Board (TPB) or you book your RT-PCR or Antigen Test at cheaper prices via Klook
Note: Make sure to select RT-PCR (Not Rapid Antigen)
- Keep the OHDC QR Code with you at all times. Have a printed or digital copy. The QR Code will be used in the ports of entry/exit (land, air, sea) as well as in accessing services in Boracay Island.
- If for any reason you have failed to generate or save your OHDC, or clicked the provided link in the confirmation page to open your OHDC, please fill up a new application.
- Your OHDC QR Code has an expiry of twelve (12) hours from your accommodation checkout time. If you are extending your stay in Boracay Island, please send an email of a new booking slip to email@example.com. Failure to notify the validator may result in your delay in accessing services in Boracay Island and in exiting the ports.
- Curfew in the island is from 10PM to 4AM.
Accredited Accommodations in Boracay
Make sure to book your Boracay accommodation from accredited establishments.
Top-Rated Accredited Accommodations in Boracay
Boracay Uptown Hotel
Hennan Crystal Sands Resort
Belmont Hotel Boracay
Boracay Travel Requirements & Guide
Check out Boracay Travel Guide for more information.